Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Rollie Fingers


This is a guest photo, taken by my good friend, the golf course architect, Jeff Mingay. It was taken in New York City last year with a Nikon Coolpix 4300. Jeff says it's the best photograph he's ever taken. I've seen some of his other stuff, and as much as I like it, I'd have to agree. Would either of us still think that if this guy in the shot wasn't wearing a vintage Rollie Fingers San Diego Padres jersey? For some reason, I doubt it.

A few weeks into the portrait feature, I'm already starting to regret limiting myself to portraits. I enjoy the more free-flow feel of a photoblog that contains shots that I like, put up as the spirit moves me. Besides, isn't every photo a portrait of something?

To that end, I've taken some wicked shots of a low-lying river fog on the Detroit River. It occurred jsut before an early morning thunderstorm on Monday, and it's exceedingly rare. Look for those shots in the next few days.