Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Jonah, by Nathanael


HP photosmart 735
This is our youngest son, Jonah, at about 18 hours old. This was taken on the maternity floor of Windsor Regional Hospital, Metropolitan Campus, on the morning of May 28, 2005.
I can't take any credit for this photo as it was taken by our oldest son, Nathanael, who was not quite three at the time. He just picked up the camera from the bedside and snapped this shot. When I looked at the output, I was stunned. While sifting through some files last night, I came across it. I'd forgot about the sense of pride and wonderment I had felt when Nathanael pulled this off.
I've raised the levels a bit, as the natural light on the hospital walls made Jonah looked jaundiced. Fortunately, he was not. He was just very purple.
Should be getting my shots taken with the Canon EX on expired Fuji Superia film back on Friday, along with four other rolls, recently found, of Jonah's first few weeks.