Sunday, February 12, 2006

Hors d'ouerves

Canon EOS 20D
I can't help but think "Sesame Street" when I look at this shot, waiting for the guy to take a tumble. This is from the Art Gallery of Windsor Media on Media gala during Super Bowl XL. The food was great, but the event--a cosmic joke with about 200 journalists, print, broadcast and otherwise from around the world, gathered in a single space with no one to observe but each other--kind of fell flat. I saws this guy coming down a hallway from the kitchen and got this shot. I've grayscaled it, too, and am surprised how little effect that has.

3 Comments:

Blogger Whetam Gnauckweirst said...

Although food makes me extremely happy and exultant, yet I've never met a chef -- creator of all that happiness -- who didn't look like he was just about to be corralled before a firing squad. The art is in the scowl, I guess. Maybe they're all frustrated bartenders.

February 21, 2006 7:45 pm  
Blogger Whetam Gnauckweirst said...

Man, they really need an "EDIT" button on these blogs -- my opening sentence is tipping over with poor grammar.

February 21, 2006 7:46 pm  
Blogger Robert Earl Stewart said...

Michelle might know this guy, Matt. I think this was one of her events.

February 21, 2006 11:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home