Saturday, March 17, 2007

Amer's Cafe, Ann Arbor

Canon EOS 20D
A spontaneous trip to Ann Arbor today. I didn't realize it was St. Patrick's Day until I got there (what a blessed thing it is not to have to deal with that day of amateurs anymore). I spent a large part of the morning wandering around collecting shots with the 20D and the K1000--this was the real purpose of the trip--punctuated with rest periods in Amer's Mediterranean Cafe on S. State Street. Not only does Amer's have some the best coffee I've ever had, they also have awesome bagels (w/ lox, red onions and sprouts) and some of the best people-watching windows in the Midwest. It's 45 minutes from home and it's one of my favourite places to sit with a camera, a coffee and a book of poetry. Today, I finished Ken Babstock's Airstream Land Yacht and started Edward Hirsch's The Night Parade. Also picked up the first three volumes of the award-winning graphic novel series Y: The Last Man at Shaman Drum Books. Good times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home