Monday, March 12, 2007

Who Loves the Butter?

Canon EOS 20D

This one's from May 2006--I pulled it out after a particularly spring-like weekend here in Windsor, with the clock moving forward and jacket-less weather prevailing.

I went out for a 5 km walk with the K1000 and a roll of Lucky 100 black & white film on Friday evening. I came upon some great subjects and have been totally geeked about buying what I need to begin developing my negs here at home.

As luck would have it, I probably lost about half the roll this afternoon after finishing it off on a gravemarker from a shipwreck near my inlaws property on the shores of Lake Erie. I was rewinding the film and felt all the tension go out of the spool. Figuring it was done, I opened the camera, only to find it was about halfway rewound, exposing a whole bunch of it to about a quarter second of afternoon sunlight. Fuck is right.

I went into my inlaws windowless downstairs washroom and in total darkness removed the film from the camera, wound it up around its cannister, and slid it into the plastic tube it came in, and then put that back inside the box the fresh roll of Lucky I'd been intending to load came in, and buried that at the bottom of my camera bag, wrapped in a ball of thin cotton gloves I carry for cold weather shooting. We'll see what happened. I can always go back and reshoot the subject if I think I lost anything good, but it'll be a pain in the ass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home