Sunday, February 11, 2007

Incense 2

Canon EOS 20D

Picked up some 35mm film today. It's getting harder and harder to find professional grade film in this town. I found black & white no problem--some Kodak BW400CN which I put into the K1000. But good colour film is a tough sell apparently. I ended up with some cheap Fuji Superia X-TRA which I probably could've bought at Canadian Tire rather than at a photo outfitters. I did make a good find there, though: The entire Time-Life Photography series, hardbound, 19 volumes, for $23. Some of the stuff is dated, but the sections on composition, art, lighting... that stuff never changes. I saw the same series in a used bookstore last year for $80.

Just watched Ang Lee's The Ice Storm, based on the Rick Moody novel. That and Noah Baumbach's The Squid and the Whale back-to-back is like an essay waiting to happen.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home