Sunday, February 04, 2007

The Groomsman


Canon EOS 20D
My brother-in-law, looking like an erstwhile matinee idol, something from a Cassavetes film.
Now that I won't be at the newspaper on a daily basis, I'm thinking about putting the EOS 20D away for a while. I want to use the K1000 and the EX Auto more. I have a hankering for fixed lens, totally manual shooting. One of my goals this week is to pick up some 35mm film and to take the EX Auto in for a tune-up. It's from the late-70's and after laying in a draw in my parents' dinning room sideboard for about 15 years, it lay in the trunk of my friend Pat's parents' car from 1990 to 2000, totally missing the rise and fall of grunge and my Montreal years. Then, after making it's way back into my hands, it lay on a closet shelf beneath a pile of sweaters until about a year ago. Considering how it's a difficult to use camera at best with it's screw-in modular lens mounts and asinine metering mechanism, I think a cleaning and recalibrating is sorely overdue.
That being said, using the 20D I've just taken some intereting shots of incense-infused sticks in an oil-filled glass bauble sitting on a window ledge in our dining room. Those will be up later this week. I'm hoping to keep the photoblog moving--I'm not sure whether to anticipate a slowdown in subject matter, or an over-abundance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home